The congregation was born on March 23, 1926, with an organizational meeting at the home of Mr. Walter Reese, 4713 Large Street. The first service of the new church occurred on April 11, 1926, in the store of Mrs. Louise Reiz, 5200 Saul Street.
On April 22, 1926, a congregational meeting occurred resulting in a decision to buy the plot of ground at Castor Avenue and Pratt Street, where the church building now stands. The cornerstone was laid on October 21, 1926.
The congregation became self-supporting on January 1, 1929. A new main church building was added in 1956. The first service in the new church was May 6, 1957.